Not all fence companies offer the same quality products or services. It’s important that you compare various fence companies before you make a decision. The following are a few tips for choosing a reputable fence company:
- Visit their website – Most businesses, even smaller, locally-owned businesses, have websites. You may not want to trust a company that doesn’t have their own website. If they do, read up on the company and the type of fences they have and can install.
- Look at online reviews – Check websites such as Yelp or Angie’s List for customer reviews. If there are an abundance of negative reviews, then you’ll do best to avoid them.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau – Find out if there were any complaints filed against the company in question. Also check to see if the company followed up on those complaints or not.
- Ask about payment options – A reputable company will allow you to pay using a number of different methods. Stay away from companies that only accept cash.
- Ask for a written estimate – A company that does not provide a written estimate probably shouldn’t be trusted.